<h2>Installation / Operating / Maintenance Instructions
Filter Regulator Combination Series FRC1</h2>
Since this equipment is used in compressed air line, proper precautions are to be taken for safety.
1. Install in clean / acid free atmosphere.
2. Before installation of the unit, check whether the unit is as per the specification – especially the port size and the corresponding fittings
to be used on the unit.
3. Flush the pipings for dirt, dust, rust and other foreign particles.
4. Connect the supply pressure to IN port and take the outlet from OUT port. ( If the unit is connected in the reverse direction the air
will continuously flow through the bonnet and the setting of the pressure is not possible. )
5. Use proper thread seals for ( R ) taper thread nipple, or face washer for ( G ) parallel thread nipple.
6. Set the pressure in the Regulator within the specified Set Pressure. Otherwise the spring may brake .
7. Tighten the pipings / nipples to the Housing ports using proper tools. Do not give excess torque for tightening.
1. To set the Regulator, pull the regulating knob till ” Red band ” ( Indicator ring ) is visible ( refer figure ).
2. To increase the pressure, turn the regulating knob in clockwise direction ( see the marking on the knob ).
3. To reduce the pressure, turn the regulating knob in counter clockwise direction
4. Set the pressure always in the ascending manner.
5. For draining the condensate water collected in the bowl ( 27.1.1 ), press the knob of the drain valve ( 27.2 ).
6. It is advisable to drain the bowl every day. The frequency of draining can be decided based on the condensate collection. However,
take care that the condensate level does not cross the ” Max. level ” marked on the bowl guard.
a. Before dismantling the unit for maintenance :- 1. Check whether there is any leak observed. 2. Check whether you find any restricted
flow. 3. Check whether the drain works properly. 4. Check whether the set pressure has changed. 5. Completely exhaust the air in
b. To clean the filter element ( 25 ) and the bowl ( 27.1.1 )
Removing the bowl guard ( 27.3 ) :- Lift the bowl guard ( 27.3 ) upwards, pull down the locking piece ( 27.4 ), Turn the bowl guard
by 45° & pull down.
Dismantle the components and clean the filter element in kerosene and blow with compressed air. Clean the bowl with soap water or
neutral detergent. Donot use thinner, kerosene, petrol, synthetic oil, trichloroethylene or other aromatic hydrocarbons.
( Polycarbonate bowl may get damaged and possibly fail if exposed with these solvents ).
c. Check for damages in the ‘O’ rings and at sealing areas in the valve cone rubber, spherical seating, seating area of the housing etc.,
Replace if needed OR clean and reassemble .
d. For assembly of the unit :- Apply general purpose grease on the ‘O’ rings and on the surface of the housing ( 11 ) where
the ‘O’ ring enters the housing and on the cylindrical surface of the valve cone ( 15.1 ), on
threads of the adjusting screw (7). Reassemble all the components.
Assembling the bowl guard :- Position the projected lug portion of the bowl guard to the corresponding slot of the housing.
Push the bowl guard fully. Turn the bowl guard by 45° till the locking piece enters into the
housing slot fully.
When the unit is errected in salty atmosphere, there are good chances of formation of Aluminium oxide inside the housing.This
in due course may cause the valve cone getting struck. In this case dismantle the components and clean them using Kerosene and
airjet. And during reassembly apply general purpose grease on all the inside surface of the housing as protection against corrosion.
Also apply grease on the ‘O’ rings and cylindrical portion of the valve cone.