Installation / Operating / Maintenance Instructions
Lubricator Series L1
Since this equipment is used in compressed air line, proper precautions are to be taken for safety
1. Install in clean / acid free atmosphere.
2. Before installation of the unit, check whether the unit is as per the specification – especially the port size and the corresponding fittings
to be used on the unit.
3. Flush the pipings for dirt, dust, rust and other foreign particles.
4. The arrow mark on the top of the housing indicates the flow direction, Inlet Outlet ( If the unit is connected in the reverse direction
the unit will not function properly )
5. Use proper thread seals for ( R ) taper thread nipple, or face washer for ( G ) parallel thread nipple.
6. Tighten the pipings / nipples to the housing ports using proper tools. Do not give excess torque for tightening.
7. When using ( G ) parrallel thread nipples, check the length of the thread.
OIL FILLING :- Remove the oil filling plug assembly ( 2 ). Pour the oil ( Recommended oil ISO VG 32 / Servo system
32 ) in to the lubricator.
OIL FLOW ADJUSTMENT :- Turn the knob ( 3.1.1 ) to adjust the oil drops to your requirment, clockwise to decrease and counter
clockwise to increase the oil flow.
a. Before dismantling the unit, exhaust the air in the line completely.
b. To clean the Lubricator :-
Removing the bowl guard ( 17.3 ) :- Lift the bowl guard ( 17.3 ) upwards, pull down the locking piece ( 17.3.1 ), turn the bowl
guard ( 17.3 ) by 45° and pull down.
Dismantle the components and clean all the components in kerosene and blow with compressed air. Clean the bowl only with soap
water or neutral detergent. Donot use thinner, kerosene, petrol, synthetic oil, trichloroethylene or other aromatic hydrocarbons.
( Polycarbonate bowl may get damaged and possibly fail if exposed with these solvents )
c. Check for damages in the ‘O’ rings and other parts. Replace if needed ( or ) clean and reassemble.
d. For assembly of the unit :- Apply recommended grease ( Ordering No: CG001-040 ) on the ‘O’ rings and on the
surface of the housing where the ‘O’ ring enters the housing. Reassemble all the
Assembling the bowl guard :- Position the projected lug portion of the bowl guard to the corresponding slot in the
housing. Push the bowl guard fully. Turn the bowl guard by 45° till the locking piece enters
into the housing slot fully.